As Time Goes By
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Time Goes By

If you're here, you already know what it's about….

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

And so it begins….

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Haley sighed as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and made her way to the studio. She barely knew anything about the band she was shooting for and frankly, she didn't care. It paid her bills and still gave her money to spare. She was happy. Haley made her way up the stairs as she pulled her camera out of the bag and made sure everything was in order.
Back to top Go down
https://astimegoesbyroleplay.rpg-board.net
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 pm

The rest of the ruffians are goofing around, pretending to be America's Next Top Monstrosity and Jack can't help but laugh. It feels good, finally, to be able to surround himself with people that he likes, people that like him. He plucks away at his acoustic--brought along to cut any boredom because he's out of practice with it and needs a new melody for the words he half-scribbled last night on a Denny's napkin--and shakes his head.

"This is why we can't play nice places, boys." The drawl is out in full force today. He should wonder why but he doesn't; it comes and goes as it pleases. Then there's the sound of feet on the stairs, a person at the door, and he gives a sharp whistle to get them to calm down. "Behave or no one gets to go on tour."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Haley knocked on the door and fiddled with her camera a bit more. She looked at her watch and frowned slightly. They should know that she's coming. Still, she reminded herself that it was a job and it would be good publicity for her.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Once they've settled, he gets up to open the door with a shake of his head. "Sorry about that," he huffs. "It's like I'm in a band with--Oh." Haley. Oh.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Well, this was sufficiently awkward. "I didn't realize that it was your band that I was booked for." She said lamely, unsure of what else to say. "I don't have to do the photoshoot if it's too awkward."
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 pm

"I... Uh, no." He's stammering again like he's seventeen with no real sense of how the world works and how to get a girl to smile. But then again, with Haley, he's always been hit or miss. "I didn't realized that..." He gets out of the way so that she can come in. "It's fine. Didn't realize you were going to be doing the photoshoot for us. If it ain't too much for you, I can hack it too." He gives her a smile that he hopes isn't as blushy and nervous as he feels. "Good to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Haley stepped inside and gave him a small smile. "It's good to see you too. And I think I can manage if you can. I just got a call from a band manager saying that they wanted me to do the photoshoot and if I was available." She shrugged and put down her purse.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:15 pm

"Ah." Clarissa. Who knew Bri. Who knew about everything. He remembers that, even feeling so out of sorts, there are still things a gentleman should do. "We've got a couch over there," he gestures and feels stupid because it's not like she could miss it, "if you want to set your things down. Studio floors are notorious for being unknown," he adds. "Would hate for it to get dirty."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Haley waved her hand in dismissal. "I have a hundred like it at home. It's not a big deal if it gets dirty. I can start whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Nodding with a grin, he tries to get the boys together in the most orderly fashion that he can, introducing them to her. Thankfully, they all behave like they've been raised in real homes and not by fucking wolves; which is a total plus. "You have any sort of direction for this or do you want us just doing what we do?" He just can't seem to look her in the eyes for some reason and Clarissa is going to get a damn earful as soon as he gets to a phone.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Haley shrugged and tried to think of how she was going to get through the shoot without it being completely awkward. "Uhm… Not really. If y'all want to go ahead and just play something, I can figure out how to do something creative with it."
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:35 pm

That, he can do. He can play and play around and be like he is. He scoops up the acoustic and they all situate themselves in a way that's so familiar and welcome. The music flows and it's all theirs. No covers like they used to do. It's Jack's words and notes and melodies. Nicky's drums, Eric's bass, and Jack's voice. He knows this and after a moment or two, they forget that anyone else is there.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Haley took a few pictures before moving to a different angle. Eventually, she forgot what she was doing and fell into the natural routine of things. She smiled slightly as she took a few more pictures. Haley finally felt like she could breathe again.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 pm

They finish the song on a softer note than they would if they were staging it; acoustic and all that always seems to make things more mellow. Drawing in a breath he didn't really know he'd needed, Jack looks around because Haley's not really where she was before. Seems like she was slipping around and didn't notice. When he spots her, he feels... easier. And he gives her a smile. "You want us to keep going?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Haley looked down at her camera before looking back up at him and shrugging. "It's up to you. If you'd like me to take a few more shots, I can."
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:08 pm

He picks idly at his guitar for a moment. "I mean, if you think you got what you needed..." He doesn't want her to leave. Shaking his head with a laugh, he turns to face her, leaning a little on his instrument. "You're the one who thinks in pictures, Haley. All I do is think in sounds. My... Our time is in your pretty hands."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Haley blushed slightly as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, yet again. "I guess I can get a few more shots. It never hurts to have options."
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Except for when it does. But he smiles anyway because it's Haley and she's here and he's always done his best to have that be enough for him. "And so we play on." He nods to the boys and they pick back up where they left off. The next song in the set; a little longer, a little sadder, a little lonelier. He knows exactly when he wrote this and he really wishes he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Haley felt a pang of guilt when she heard the song. There was a sneaking suspicion she had about the subject of the song. Still, she took the pictures and tried to hide behind the camera.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

When the song ends, without asking, without waiting, his fingers fly into the chords of the next song. It's light. Almost bubbly. The first text after. The damn thing's titled "How About Coffee" for fuck's sake; her words, not his. He won't let this end on as poor a note as things had before. The boys, bless their hearts, keep up.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Haley blushed furiously. She remembered saying those words when she was back in high school. Haley snapped a few pictures and moved to a different angle. Anything to try to take her mind off of the song.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm

When the song's over, he feels a little wrung out. Not "end of a show" tired but something like it. Can't imagine why. He sets the guitar down and finds Haley with a weary sort of smile. "Still doing all right?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Haley smiled and nodded. "I'm alright. You all are really good." She said lamely, kicking herself for such a stupid comment.
Back to top Go down
Jack Torry

Jack Torry

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 pm

He blushes at that, standing to rest his guitar on the spot he'd been occupying. He wonders if it would be too much, too unprofessional to try to get her to stay. Then he remembers that he's an adult who's part of a goddamn rock band. "Thanks. If you want to, maybe, you could come see a show?" He thinks that he asked her once before, before everything got so crazy and convoluted. After that, things had just fallen apart. "I mean, I know a guy... Can get you backstage and everything," he teases.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 am

Haley smiled slightly and nodded. "I'd like that. I can even take some candid photos if you want."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

And so it begins…. Empty
PostSubject: Re: And so it begins….   And so it begins…. Empty

Back to top Go down

And so it begins….
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
As Time Goes By :: Six String Therapy-
Jump to: