As Time Goes By
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Time Goes By

If you're here, you already know what it's about….

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have you seen this man?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

Have you seen this man? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Haley nodded slowly. The pieces were starting to come together slowly but surely and she was't sure that she liked the picture. "I see. And why is she looking for him?"
Back to top Go down
https://astimegoesbyroleplay.rpg-board.net
Connor McCarthy

Connor McCarthy

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 pm

"Closure," he guessed. "I'm not sure. She just told me to go looking for my da." He pinned her with an even look, waiting to see how she took it. With the rambling an all, it seemed like she was trying not to think about it but at this point, it couldn't be ignored. "A dying wish isn't to be ignored, you see."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Haley laughed slightly. "That's ridiculous. I would have known if I had…" She shook her head. "No, there's no way. Nate is my brother. He's always been there to take care of me… Uncle Howie would have told me… He would have known and though he may not be the best guy in the world, he's at least decent…" She shook her head again as she stood up and opened the door. "I think you should leave."
Back to top Go down
Connor McCarthy

Connor McCarthy

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:55 pm

He stood, brushing off nothing from his pants. "He hightailed it out of Ireland a few months before I was born," he stated calmly as he headed for the door. "And, from the way it sounds, scurried over an ocean and found a woman he liked better than the redhead he left weeping on the floor of a pub." His anger, he realized, was gone in the face of this girl because he knew she got as raw a deal, in the end, as he had. "You don't know where he's gone so I won't be bothering you again. Have a good evening."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 pm

"Wait." Haley said as she gathered her thoughts. "He was from Ireland? I didn't know that." She had always been curious but the matter upset her mother and her uncle made her promise not to bring it up. Maybe now was her chance to get the answers that she had been looking for.
Back to top Go down
Connor McCarthy

Connor McCarthy

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 am

"Born and bred, dove," he huffed. He didn't want to give her answers when she tried to shove him out the door. And when he was left with nothing but another dead end. "Look, little girl, I'm not in the mood for sharing. Not right now." Right now, he just wanted to get blind stinking drunk and forget everything about the pains of living for a while. He pulled out a pen and scribbled his number on the back of the paper that had her name on it. "Call me when the shock's worn off and you're not thinking about all of the things you don't know."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 am

Haley nodded as she took the piece of paper. "Alright. Thank you." She added. "I have a few people that I know that may be able to help you with your search. I'll see if I can get into contact with them and see if they can find anything out for you."
Back to top Go down
Connor McCarthy

Connor McCarthy

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 am

He seriously doubted it but it was nice of her to offer. "You have a good night, Haley." Off to a bar, to toss out more than he should on a nice bottle of scotch because everything else they served in the U.S. tasted like watered down horse piss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you seen this man?   Have you seen this man? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you seen this man?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
As Time Goes By :: The Darkroom-
Jump to: